Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Company and job title
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We collect Personal Information through the Services, for example, when you communicate with us via email, fill out online forms or surveys, or register for an event, course, or free product trial.
- Offline: We collect Personal Information from you offline, e.g., when you attend one of our events, place an order over the phone, or contact customer service.
- From Other Sources: We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example, publicly available databases, data append services, data brokers, and joint marketing partners, when they share the information with us. The information may include, for example, contact, company, and industry data, as well as title, department, address, phone number, and updated e-mail addresses.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the Services.
Use of Personal Information
We and, in some instances, our service providers use the Personal Information that we collect for legitimate business purposes, including:
Accomplishing our business purposes
- For improving the content of our Services, for example, by incorporating information that is relevant to our clients;
- For preventing fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on SW information technology systems;
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and address compliance with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users;
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies and to notify customers about updates to our Services;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you request to be registered for an event or a SW product training;
- To process your orders, and provide you with related customer service;
- To help you manage your Community, Support and/or SW accounts, at your request;
- To allow you to send messages to another person through the Services if you choose to do so.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
- To contact you for marketing and sales purposes, including notifications related to product enhancements, warranties, and renewals, that are related specifically to customer needs and interests;
- To contact you about a SW offer in support of your business needs or to conduct online surveys to better understand our customers’ needs;
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Services;
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests;
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Allowing you to participate in surveys, contests, or other promotions
- To offer you the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests or other promotions. Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information.
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Disclosure of Personal Information
SW does not sell our users’ private personal information. We share your information in the limited circumstances mentioned below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
If you use communities, blogs, or chat rooms on SW Services, you should be aware that any Personal Information you submit there can be read, collected, and used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. You may also elect to disclose Personal Information through your social sharing activity.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To comply with applicable law.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders.
- To comply with applicable law.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our subsidiaries, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information
E-mails: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us, you may opt out by:
- Going to the firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe or update your subscription preferences; or
- Clicking on our “Unsubscribe” link contained in each of our marketing-related emails.
Postal mail or telephone: If you no longer wish to receive information about new products and services or upcoming events from us by postal mail or telephone, contact us at email@example.com, write to us at the postal address at the end of this document.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, write to us at the address at the end of this document. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase).
Collection of Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device data
- App usage data
- Data collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other data provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy.
Communications or Utilization Information
Through your use of telecommunications services to access our Services, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol (“IP”) address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated. Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location and your company from your IP address.
Information Collected Automatically Through Your Browser or Device
When you access our Services, we may automatically collect information such as: type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Web site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed. We use this information to ensure the Services function properly, monitor the relevancy of our Services and improve their performance or content.
“Cookies” - Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your Web browser. When you revisit www.swsafety.com and www.shenweiusa.com, our servers recognize the cookie, giving us information about your prior visits. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you can still use most of the features of our Services, including ordering items. We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
SW seeks to use reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Questions and Comments” section below.
Third Party Web Sites and Services
SW Services may contain links to other Web sites or services. SW is not responsible for the privacy, information or other practices of third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Services link, or for the content of other Web sites. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our subsidiaries.
Third Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
You may receive advertisements based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties. These companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Questions and Comments
SW Safety Solutions, Inc.
33278 Central Ave.
Union City, CA 94587
We can be reached via web at www.swsafety.com and by telephone at +1-510-429-8692.