A world leader in the manufacture of advanced pharmaceutical chemical ingredients produces some of the most volatile chemicals currently in use in facilities around the world. Part of their attention to detail includes stringent PPE regulations and requirements that apply to every employee from lab scientists to equipment maintenance and painting crews.
Certain members of these crews, who spend extended periods of work time wearing single use gloves, were experiencing significant skin problems which they believed were caused by the harsh environment within a nitrile glove. Chief complaints included extensive peeling on the entire hand, similar to that caused by severe sunburn, and painful, dry and cracked skin that resulted in a breakdown of the skin’s barrier function against foreign substances.
The Industrial Hygienist tasked with these employees’ health championed various efforts to improve outcomes including switching to different glove models and experimenting with the application of various therapeutic lotions and treatments both before and after glove use. All efforts prior to working with SW Safety had resulted in only insignificant changes.
SW Safety arranged an extended trial of AloeTuff gloves for affected workers, anticipating that the combination of sweat-management and Aloe infusion provided by AloeTuff would be successful in resolving most of the hand skin health problems being exhibited.
Early in the trial, with individual workers less than 25 pairs into the test, the peeling and dryness had resolved in all cases without any compromise in performance. The switch to AloeTuff gloves resulted in dramatically improved skin health and worker comfort provided by the DriTek® and ACTIValoe®technologies while the high dexterity and ANSI Level III Abrasion resistance contributed to improved performance in the most challenging of environments.
SW Safety continuously monitors key trends in its target markets, and quickly adapts to new and changing customer needs. An important workplace trend today, and especially in manufacturing facilities, is the use of vending machines to dispense PPE – including gloves – to employees. Vending machines can help improve safety compliance by ensuring proper glove selection, reduce costs by managing inventory, and reducing waste. In response to this growing need, SW is now offering its popular Megaman glove (“Certified Tough” ANSI 3 abrasion) in a new vend-pack ready package, available with 4-pairs of gloves.
Megaman is the first SW product available in vend packs and was chosen because of its versatile, multi-use properties that allow facilities to consolidate glove styles and introduce state-of-the-art perspiration management in a single use glove.
Megaman Vend-Packs are available now! Download the Product Specification Sheet here and be sure to contact your Regional Sales Manager or email Customer Service for any additional information, including pricing.
SW Safety Solutions products have been awarded the Skin Health Alliance dermatological accreditation and endorsement. The Skin Health Alliance (SHA) is an independent not-for-profit organization working with international dermatologists, researchers, scientists and industry with the common interest of promoting skin health. The SHA’s ‘dermatologically accredited’ mark is an independent assurance that products have met a standardized set of skin safety requirements that are not set by the manufacturer or brand, but which have been agreed upon by leading international dermatologists and skin scientists.
Wherever consumers see the SHA dermatologically approved mark, they can be confident that the product has been tested to meet the rigorous SHA criteria which means it is skin safe and that any claims are evidenced by robust scientific and clinical research.
SW Safety products are the first single-use gloves to carry the Skin Health Alliance symbol. This globally recognized and respected symbol stands for the following:
- A product is skin safe when used for its intended purpose in strict accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- A product adheres to current safety directives and legislation in those countries or regions where sold.
- A product and its packaging are not harmful to the environment at any stage of its research, development, manufacture or disposal.
- The product’s research has been professionally assessed by an independent committee made up of dermatologists and skin scientists unaffiliated to the manufacturer.
- The product user and the manufacturer are supporting legitimate skin disease and skin cancer charities around the world.
The benefits of this new endorsement to SW Safety’s valued customers include the following:
- SHA accredited products provide consumers with peace of mind as they are skin safe when used properly.
- Assures them that the science and research behind a product is robust.
- Assures them that the product meets international regulatory standards.
- Assures them that the product is not harmful to the environment at any stage in its development, manufacture or disposal.
- By using SHA accredited products consumers know they are helping to fund treatments and cures for the millions of skin disease sufferers around the world.
SW Safety is committed to always putting its customers first and leading with innovations and improvements that help promote their success.
For more information on the Skin Health Alliance and its accreditations please visit the Skin Health Alliance web site.
To see a list of SW Safety brand products that have been accredited and endorsed by SHA as being skin safe, please visit SHA’s Approved Products.
Peace of Mind Purchasing
SW Safety Solutions products are now Dermatologically Accredited and Skin Safe by the Skin Health Alliance. The Skin Health Alliance (SHA) is an independent not-for-profit organization working with international dermatologists, researchers, scientists and industry with the common interest of promoting skin health. Wherever consumers see the SHA dermatologically approved mark, they can be confident that the glove has been tested to meet the rigorous SHA criteria which means that it is skin safe and that any claims are evidenced by robust scientific and clinical research.
SW Safety Solutions is the first single use glove brand to be endorsed by SHA and demonstrates SW Safey’s ongoing commitment to the development and manufacture of skin-safe products for all its valued customers.
Among the benefits that a product must provide in order to gain SHA accreditation are the following:
- – SHA accredited products provide consumers with peace of mind as they are skin safe when used properly.
- – Assures them that the science and research behind a product is robust.
- – Assures them that the product meets international regulatory standards.
- – Assures them that the product is not harmful to the environment at any stage in its development, manufacture or disposal.
- – By using SHA accredited products consumers know they are helping to fund treatments and cures for the millions of skin disease sufferers around the world.
Click here to learn more about SHA and SW’s approved brands.