Product Portfolio Manager, SW Brand
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Product Portfolio Manager, SW Brand, is responsible for management of the SW product range for the global market. The PPM will participate in budget setting and contribute to the development and implementation of marketing strategy, product strategy, and pricing strategy. He/she must understand the respective product applications, market segments, customer needs, competitive product environment, and key business/market trends. Scope of responsibility includes new product development and set ups, product portfolio maintenance, packaging specifications, rationalization of slow-moving products, support for sales forecasting, product positioning and training, competitive and pricing analysis, and quality monitoring and resolution.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Participate in annual budget setting and quarterly forecasting. Work with supply and factories for sales forecast inputs.
- Implement marketing strategy, product positioning strategy, and pricing strategy plans. Create product roadmaps to help drive adoption.
- Act as product expert. Ensure product knowledge throughout sales and customer service.
- Understand customer needs, industry trends and product application requirements.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining specifications for all existing products as well as new products.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of new product set ups with key customers.
- Support sales team with sales tools, promotional program creation and implementation. Provide sales with competitive product analysis and references, unique selling propositions, and feature and benefit summaries.
- Develop collateral, messaging and positioning for effective communications.
- Manage packaging artwork changes and approvals by Regulatory and Marketing.
- Work with key suppliers (internal or external) to ensure appropriate product specifications and supply of products.
- Contribute to development of business plan.
- Analyze and monitor product cost position in relation to competitive environment.
- Follow product from initial development and implement all stages of the product launch.
- Monitor product quality and follow up to resolve issues with internal and external factories.
- Develop standard operating procedures for product management processes.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of product management experience
- Experience in safety/PPE marketing preferred
- Global business experience
- Fully PC literate
- Strong communication skills, networking ability
- Good analytical skills
- Proven project management skills
- Results oriented
- Business acumen
Ability to travel to sales and marketing meetings and factory and field visits. (15% to 20%).
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative reports directly to the Customer Service Manager as part of the Commercial Team. The position will require direct communication with customers, the sales team, logistics personnel, as well as, interdepartmental communication. The CSR will be heavily involved with various systems for data entry and customer management to achieve high level customer satisfaction.
Nature and Scope
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Greet customers warmly and ascertain problem or reason for calling
- Process 30-50 Sample Request and Orders per day
- Confirm orders to customer; Release order to warehouse
Send tracking#, ETA and invoice to customer
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls (expect 30 calls a day)
- Open and maintain customer accounts by recording account information
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Maintain financial accounts by processing customer adjustments
- Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Generate sales leads
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Meet personal/team sales targets and call handling quotas
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail or social media
- Use telephones to reach out to customers and verify account information
- Direct communication with sales representatives to provide accurate information regarding samples, customer orders and inventory levels
- Follow up within 24 hours of all customer request
- Work cross functionally to provide necessary customer information and assistance to Regional Sales Managers, Territory Managers and Rep Groups
Knowledge / Experience
To effectively carry out the above responsibilities, the Customer Service representative should possess the following skills, knowledge and business experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of previous B2B customer service or Call Center experience desired.
- Must have experience working in a team environment and meeting deadlines.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience with data entry.
- Professional and courteous communication skills: by telephone, in person and in writing.
- Knowledge of using ERP programs for order processing and data gathering, preferred experience with Epicor, MS Dynamics or NetSuite.
- Knowledge and experience using MS Office and shipping company software (UPS, FedEx, etc.).
- Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce, etc.).
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of orders and overall customer satisfaction.
- Organized, flexible, able to follow instructions and receive feedback.
- Exercises good judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions and problem solve as needed.
Under general supervision from the Supply Chain and Logistics Manager and Warehouse Associate, perform duties include but not limited to:
- Receive and verify incoming products from truckers /container.
- Sort, count verify and receive inventory into computer system.
- Tag and place product in their proper rack locations.
- Maintain security in the Dock areas and keep a safe environment.
- Keep all areas (including non-inventory) clean and organized.
- Accurately pull/pack orders for both shipping and will call customer pick-up. Load and unload as required.
- Inventory maintenance including cycle counting.
- Repack inventory for damages or product change as required by Supply Chain Manager.
- QC any samples orders going out to RSM or customers.
- Utilize shipping software to prepare outbound shipments.
- Perform other general warehouse duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years warehouse experience required.
- Ability to obtain Forklift certification required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multitasking warehouse environment.
- Must understand our customer needs or special attention.
- Ability to interact with customers, office personnel and management.
- Must be able to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good understanding of inventory control practices.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Strong attention to detail is critical; must be able to pull complex orders accurately.
- Must possess basic computer skills; experience with shipping software using UPS, FEDEX.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus.